Sunday, November 7, 2010

Orphan Sunday

"Not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own, never forget for a single moment, you didn't grow under my heart but in it...."

We put this quote on our announcements for Jeremiah's arrival. I love it. It describes perfectly the way we feel about Miah. I can honestly say after almost 8 months with him that he is my child. He is my own. Some people will say "...and Emmy is your own?" after saying we adopted Jeremiah. I know adoptive parents can get offended easily and really it's just because their/our hearts are sensitive to this subject at times. I don't get offended because they are using improper "adoption" lingo...I know they mean no harm. They are not aware of how those words can hurt a child. I truly have prayed I wouldn't be so sensitive to those comments because I don't want Jeremiah to become sensitive to them. However I also know I have to correct them in a non defensive way for Jeremiah. I never want him to feel he isn't mine. I never want him to feel like Emmy is my own and Jeremiah is my adopted son. No...they are both my own but came about differently. He IS my son.

I just find myself looking at him wondering how in the world he is here...how he came from Ethiopia...and how it just feels so natural and right that he is my son!! It's all so miraculous and amazing!

God is so good. God has adopted us into His family. When Adam and Eve sinned They alienated themselves from God. They became spirital orphans. The only solution was to restore them (and us too!) back to God. Well no longer are we orphans. We turned from Him yes, then crucified His son yes, but this was His plan to bring us back to relationshiop with Him. He paid a price, a big price....His son dying in our place that we might have a home with our Father again. We have all the rights, inheritance and blessings. We are no longer Orphans...we are loved and we are cherished and we are HOME with Christ Jesus our Lord and SAVIOR! All we have to do is believe...

If you haven't prayed for these children please do today. These 147 million children around the world that have no family. I can't imagine. Pray about how God wants us to help...How God is calling you to help. It could be as simple as sponsoring a child or being a big brother or sister for these types of programs. Or it could be opening your heart and home to a child.

This is a great website to find out more!
http://www.showhope.org/

Psalms 10:14 But you, O God, do see trouble and grief;
you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself
to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

Psalms 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
is God in his holy dwelling.

Isaiah 1:17 learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the
oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case
of the widow.

Psalm 82:3 Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause
of the poor and the oppressed.

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and
faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their
distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.


THANK YOU LORD FOR CARING FOR OUR JEREMIAH!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post Becca. You communicated your heart so well! And I LOVE that picture of Jeremiah! He is too squishy for words!

    ReplyDelete