Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's hard waiting...




It's been really hard waiting. Praying and waiting...trying to pass time. Emmy has been praying much more for "a baby" and she has been communicating in her own way it's hard for her to wait...she just wants "a baby" now (me too!).

Well today a big package came and Charlie said very excitedly "Emmy help me open this...it's a surprise for Momma." I didn't know what it was but I knew Charlie was making the package more exciting for Emmy because he is a good Dad and knew she'd have fun opening it and playing with it's contents. Well Emmy proceeded to say "Is our baby in there?!". As Charlie and I tried to contain our laughter we noticed that she was genuinely hoping our baby was indeed in this box that the UPS guy brought. It was so sweet, cute, sad, and hilarious. We talked to her and let her know that she would know when the baby was coming. :D

I write this story so you can know how to pray for us. It's so difficult knowing our sweet baby is so far away and that we can't bring him/her home for awhile. It's going to be a long journey still and that is hard to deal with. We need prayer for patience and for trust in God's unfolding plan. Pray for Emmy's sweet little heart to see God's faithfulness and goodness at the tender age of four years old. Thank you so much for your prayers. We couldn't get through this without them!! :D

Blessings...

1 comment:

  1. I am praying! I can't imagine how hard it must be to wait for your child. Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete