(Date night for V-Day...we aren't big celebrators of that "holiday" but thought we should take advantage since we won't be going on any dates alone for awhile.) :D
So the decision was made. Not by me, my husband, nor my mother-in-love...It was made by my mother-in-loves broken bridge. You all are probably wondering what in the world I am talking about. I'll explain...
You see we were certain we wanted to bring Emmy with us to Ethiopia. For so many reasons. We wanted her to experience the culture, the poverty, the joy, the kids, the transition, the "birth room" experience of our 2nd child. We wanted her to witness the joyous day we receive what we have been praying for...I take that back, WHO we were praying for. You see our sweet girl (on her own accord) started praying for a "brother or sister" about 2 years ago. That is a long time considering it is half her life!! It is all coming to fruition now. God has chosen to bless us through adoption and bless us indeed with a brother for Emmy. I want her to see that day!
And she will...just not on "Gotcha Day". She will experience it in a different way and at a different time. This is ok too...It'll be her story of when she met her brother. Maybe next time... :D
You see my mother-in-love was going to come with us to help us with Emmy. Two days ago the bridge in her mouth broke. Not only that but it broke above it too. I don't know all the details but she has to have oral surgery a couple days before we leave. And to top it off...it's all out of pocket. And it's alot of money.
So we will leave Emmy with family and trust our sweet girl to the MIGHTY ONE, while we go get our adorable boy who we've been trusting to the MIGHTY ONE his whole life. And yes, I do know Emmy has been in God's arms her whole life too...it's just I can trick myself into thinking I am the one watching her when really it's her heavenly Father. All this to say it's going to be hard to leave her.
1. Eyob and Emmy's health, comfort, and security. That they both (in very different ways) will be comforted by God and feel safe in their new surroundings.
2. For mommy and daddy's (Becca and Charlie :D) health and safety. That we will be sustained for the weeks to come. We need God's hand in our families lives in the next months to come and really the rest of our lives.
3. That Eyob's grieving (leaving nanny, temporary home, friends, comforts) wouldn't be long and that he would attach to us quickly.
4. That we would be the light of Christ to those around us. That we can love the children and bring HOPE to the kids in the orphanages we visit.
5. Travel safety & that preparations would be smooth and that we would not forget anything!
If anyone wants to donate small inexpensive (or expensive) items please email me or leave a comment. 100 kids at each orphanage. We are hoping to bring soccer balls, footballs, frisbees, jump ropes, chalk, bubbles, stickers, lollipops, diapers, wipes, formula, etc.
Thank you dear friends! We couldn't do this without your support, prayers, and love!
P.S. Maybe God is trying to show me I can go on a mission trip and leave Emmy for that long...although now I will have to leave Jeremiah too. Hmmmm.... :D