Saturday, February 20, 2010

Isaiah 40:25-31

I was reminded about a few verses in Isaiah 40 recently from a fellow adoptive mom in the waiting. It's funny because Isaiah 40:31 is tattoed on my back...so you'd think it would have been brought to mind. I read all of chapter 40 and here is where God spoke to me.

Isaiah 40:25-31
"To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal? says the Holy One.
Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them by name. Because of his great
power and mighty strength, not one of them
is missing.

Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel,
"my way is hidden from the Lord; my cause is
disregarded by my God"?
Do you not know? have you not heard?
The LORD is everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary and increases
the power of the weak
.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their
strength. The will soar on wings like eagles
they will run and not grown weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment